free app


If you are visiting Australia for a holiday, to travel or to meet up with friends and family your options are:

  • eVisitors (Subclass 651) This electronically stored authority (equivalent to a visa) is available to passport holders from the European Union and a number of other European Countries, who are outside of Australia. It is a short term authority suitable for visits up to 3 months and is valid for 1 year for multiple entries. An eVisitor can be applied for online and attracts no fee.
  • ETA (Visitor) (Subclass 601) This visa is suitable for short term visits to Australia of up to 3 months and is available to passport holders from a number of countries, who are outside of Australia. This visa has an electronic application process with a small service fee charged. Your travel agent can obtain an ETA for you at the time of making your flight booking. For short term business trips there is a business ETA with similar regulations available. An ETA is valid for multiple entries up to 1 year but is not intended for extended, repeat visits.

Please note The Visas above are not intended for extended repeated stays in Australia. If you intend to travel for longer periods within Australia, a Visitort Visa (subclass 600) or other visa may be more suitable.

  • Visitor Visa (subclass 600): This temporary visa is valid for stays in Australia of up to 3, 6 or 12 months. Applicants can apply for this visa from outside and within Australia.  If you came in on an ETA but wish to extend your trip for longer you may wish to apply for a Vistor Visa. This visa is for travel and recreational purposes only not for long terms stays or residence. In some cases there is a charge for this visa – approximately equivalent to AUD 145  to AUD1,065.

Please note In most cases, as a holder of a Visitor Visa, you can only extend your stay for 12 months from the time you first arrived – so your total duration in Australia would be 12 months. If your visa application is refused you must leave Australia, even if your original visa has not yet expired.


According to  DIBP  in 2016  a new initiative will allow Work and Holiday (Subclass 462) visa holders to extend their stay in Australia by a further 12 months if they work for at least three months in agriculture or tourism in northern Australia.

At this time, Au Pairs are eligible to work for the full 12 month visa for one employer if they can show they have worked for a family who have young children for at least 6 months.  

design by snappywebsites