free app


  •  Visitors to Australia may study in the country for a period of up to 3 months without the need to obtain a student visa. Longer courses will require you to put forward a visa application.See
  •  It is important to note that to be eligible for a student visa you must have a degree of English Language proficiency and meet minimum academic requirements. Go to for detailed information on this.
  •  Students under 18 years of age require a student guardian in Australia.
  •  A student Visa is considered a temporary visa and does not guarantee that you will be granted a further visa to stay in Australia.
  • All students granted a visa and any family members accompanying you will be required to have Health Insurance Cover.
  • If you want to come to Australia to study, your suitability for a visa will be determined by your main course of study and your passport country. This is done is by allocating each applicant to one of 5 assessment levels. Each year the Education department calculates the immigration risk of students from each country in each education sector, based on the previous year. Assessment level 1 represents the lowest immigration risk and Assessment level 5 the highest immigration risk.

To determine your Assessment level go to


For information on Covid-19 go to:


Please note If your passport country is not listed in this table you will be subject to Assessment level 3. If you are applying for a Subclass 576-AusAid/Defence student visa you will be subject to Assessment level 2.


Types of Visa

  • Independent ELICOS* Visa – Subclass 570: This visa is for students who wish to study English only. If you intend to study English before commencing an additional course you will require a different type of visa. * English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas students.
  •  Schools Student Visa – Subclass 571: This visa is for students who are studying in primary or secondary school. It is also valid for those on an approved student exchange program.
  • Vocational Education and Training (VET)- Subclass 572: This visa is for those seeking Certificate I, II, III, IV, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas at TAFE or Private Colleges.
  • Higher Education Student Visa – Subclass 573: This visa is for students seeking a Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree, Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate.
  • Postgraduate Research- Subclass 574: This visa is for those applying for a postgraduate qualification such as a Masters or Doctorate.
  • Non-Award Foundation Student Visa – Subclass 575: This visa is for students who want to take a bridging or foundation course that will not lead to a formal degree or diploma.
  • Guardian Visa- Subclass 580: This visa is granted to a parent or close family member to accompany a student, under the age of 18 years old, whilst they undertake their study.

For further information on students visas and entry requirements go to:


Need Help Finding which Visa is Right for You?  
Confused? Migration agents can help you decide which visa is right for you and assist with the application process. Go to for more information.


design by snappywebsites