- Darwin and NT is serviced by bus transportation and a limited ferry service.
- If travelling frequently a Show & Go Weekly ticket offers a 25% discount – this ticket can be used from the first bus service Monday am to the last bus service the following Sunday pm (Mon-Sat in Alice Springs). An Adult 10 ticket offers a 10% discount on regular fares and is not restricted to a time period. For Timetables go to www.transport.nt.gov.au
- Children travel free under 5 years of age and Seniors travel free with a valid Seniors card.
- Minibuses operate in Darwin as an alternative to buses and taxis – For a flat $3 fare they take you anywhere within the city centre – costs increase a lot outside of the city. Minibuses can be hailed in the street or take pre booked journeys at designated minibus ranks.
- The Sea-Cat Ferry service runs between Cullen Bay marina and Mandorah. For more info go to www.seacat.com.au
Taxis can be hailed off the street, pre booked or found at taxi ranks within the city centre.
City Radio Taxis: 13 82 94 www.radiotaxi.com.au
Darwin Radio Taxis: 13 10 08
You might also conside UBER www.uber.com/?exp=home_signup_form
- The flat terrain, warm weather and reduced traffic make Darwin a good option for cyclists.
- The Making Tracks cycle map can be downloaded at www.darwin.nt.gov.au