- Canberra and ACT is serviced by bus transportation only.
- If travelling frequently a My Way card is the most economical option. This is an electronic ticket that allows you to travel on all buses, with the fare amount deducted automatically. The My Way card is cheaper than a regular ticket and can be topped up easily online, at the station or at retail outlets.
- Children travel free under 4 years of age and children up to 15 years of age are charged a concession fare.
- Seniors can apply for a joint seniors/My Way card to ensure cheapest fares are applied to travel.
- To plan your journey and for more information on tickets and timetables go to www.action.act.gov.au
There are 3 main taxi companies in Canberra and drivers accept cash, credit cards or EFTPOS as payment.
Canberra Elite: 13 22 27.
You can also SMS your name, pick up address and collection time to (0417) 672 773. Wheelchair bookings can be take on: 6126 1596
Cabxpress: 6260 6011
For wheelchair bookings call: 6260 6077
Silver Service: 13 31 00
This is a premium service with luxury sedans and guaranteed delivery times.
You might also conside UBER www.uber.com
- Cycling is promoted in Canberra as an environmentally friendly way to commute or travel around the city, with a good network of cycle paths, storage facilities and bike racks on public buses. ACT has lots of opportunity for mountain biking enthusiasts.
- Bike ‘n’ Ride allows passengers to combine cycling with a bus journey – Most Blue Rapid and Red Rapid bus services are equipped with bike racks (can be used at no extra cost). Passengers with fold up bikes designed to be carried on public transport can be carried on ACTION buses. For more info go to: www.action.act.gov.au
- For Cycling Maps and Safety Information go to: www.transport.act.gov.au