Adelaide & South Australia:
- Adelaide is well serviced by bus, train and tram transportation.In fact Adelaide Metro services over 200 busroutes, 6 train routes and one tram route.
- You can purchase Multitrip, Single or Daytrip tickets with prices higher during peak times. Tickets can be purchased at bus depots, railway stations as well as licensed ticket vendors such as Newsagents and Convenience stores.
- Children under 5 years will travel free on public transport at all times. Seniors will travel free (on presentation of a valid seniors card) between 9am-3pm weekdays and all day during weekends and public holidays.
- For more information about tickets and transport times go to: www.adelaidemetro.com.au
- In order to plan your journey go to www.adelaidemetro.com.au
- There is a free bus and city tram service that operates around the city and takes you direct to many of Adelaide’s main attractions.
- The Passenger Transport Information Centre is located at North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000. Telephone: 1300 311 108. This is open during office hours and will assist with tickets, timetables and tourist information.
Taxis can be found very easily within metropolitan areas. The taxi light will be on to indicate if they are free with peak rates charged between 7pm and 6am Monday to Friday and during weekends and public holidays. Fares can be paid by cash, EFTPOS, debit or credit cards.
Yellow Cab Company -13 22 27
Suburban taxi 13 10 08
Adelaide Independent Taxi Service 13 22 11
You might also conside UBER https://www.uber.com/au/en
Cyclists relocating to Adelaide will find it is fairly flat and easy to navigate, which makes it popular with cyclists commuting to work or just exploring the city. Many of the main streets have dedicated bike lanes and there are lots of places to lock up your bike safely. Bikes travel free on trains during off peak hours (concession tickets must be purchased for your bike during peak times). Bikes are not allowed aboard buses or trams. By law cyclists are required to wear a helmet at all times.
There are free bikes available for hire within the city, with unlimited hire available during daylight hours. For more information including where bikes can be hired and to download an Adelaide Bike Map go to: http://www.bikesa.asn.au/adelaidefreebikes