- Although visitors to Australia do not require a passport that is valid for 6 months beyond their expected stay it is recommended that all visitors check with their travel agents, especially about any countries they might visit on the way. Vistors need a valid visa or travel authority and an onward or return ticket. For further information about travel documents required please go to www.border.gov.au
- Australian citizens do not need an Australian Visa. New Zealand citizens are automatically granted a Special Category Visa, subject to presenting a NZ passport and meeting health and character requirements.
- You should travel with the same passport you used with your visa application. If you choose to travel with another passport you must let the department know of the different passport details.
- If your Visa is issued by way of electronic authority you will not have a stamp/paperwork in your passport. If you wish to confirm your visa service you can click the following link for more information. australia.gov.au
- People who have a serious criminal record or who may act as a threat to the country can be refused entry. For more details see www.border.gov.au
- Employment in Australia is not permitted without being granted temporary residency unless you have a working holiday visa status
- The Australian government operates a Skilled Migration Program (GSM) for professionals who have specific skills in particular occupations required in Australia. www.border.gov.au
- Some working visas or permanent residents visas require a competency in English as the governement feels this is important to gain employment and to inegrate successfully. It may be that you will be required to show language test results (IELTS). See also www.ielts.org
- A new visa, the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS), will be implemented as of March 2018 and consists of a Short-term Visa (up to two years of work) and a Medium-Visa (up to four years of work), allows re-entry into Australia and safeguards Australian workers.
- Applicants are required to have at least two years of work experience in selected occupation, must be under the maximum age of 45 at the time of the application, have met the English requirements (workers who have a base salary of $96,400 are exempt from taking the test)
- For More information regarding the English requirements and occupation list, see the link below:
For more detailed information about your Visa and Immigration needs please go to: www.border.gov.au